Thursday 24 December 2020

When we meet again


When we first met

You were whiter than snow

And colder than ice.


I reminisce about

Hiking to your source --

A lake placid ---

And descending

Along the rocky slope

Hand in hand with you

Flowing incessantly.


I remember

Meeting a young man

Who got healed

Of snake venom

Plunging into your laps.


I have been witness

To your beauty eternal

And heard stories countless

Of you quenching

Travellers' thirst.


But

What did you get in return?

I can see

You have toned down

And turned brownish.


Somebody told me

The lake

Now is a happening spot

With boats ferrying

People making merry.

And

No longer

The migratory birds

Call it their home.


I am worried

How will you look like

When we meet again?

Republished from my Instagram post.

No comments: